Thursday, May 28, 2020

Escape from Facebook?

On Facebook today I wrote my status as:

Trying to figure out how I can stay connected with my friends and not support the evil that is Mark Zuckerberg.

This in response to Zuckerberg's personal defence of Trump's lying advertisements on his platform versus the comments posted on Twitter indicating that the Donald's allegations of the fraudulent nature of mail-in voting are themselves false and harmful.

Beyond that, Zuckerberg has been raising funds for Trump, and taking personal meetings. That adds up to more than the expected trimming political behavior of corporate moguls (not to say that that might not be pretty evil in itself).

I got lots of helpful comments to my post on Facebook, as well as one old friend from many years back contacting me on LinkedIn to encourage my separation from FB. Among the comments was one from my sister:

Or how about an Alva mailing list or newsletter? Is that too old fashioned? I'd subscribe!!

Considering that comment, I realized that I can attempt to do just that with this blog, which has been moribund as you'll see for more than a year, but which was intended to serve just such a purpose, once upon a time.  So I'm starting up my blog journal once again.  Consider it an Alva mailing list or newsletter.  And I promise to try to keep it up if some of my friends subscribe; and I promise even harder to try to keep it up if some of my friends occasionally comment on my posts.  The equivalent of a "Like" or emoji would be perfectly fine...

And if you choose to do the same, I will subscribe to your blog too.

What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment